Annals of Crime


Original Caption:

Vallejo -- A high school teacher in Salinas, Donald G. Harden, and his wife cracked a code of a man threatening mass murder, a code which the Navy and FBI experts have failed to break in a week of effort. Ciphers were contained in a letter sent to three newspapers in which the author claimed to have committed three recent lovers lane murders. The code, a portion which is shown with Haden's version, reads: "I like killing people because it is so much fun it is more fun than killing wild game in the forest . . . when I die I will be reborn in paradise and all I have killed will become my slaves. I will not give my name because you will try to slow down or stop my collecting of slaves." (1969)

http://tsutpen.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-09-10T00%3A04%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=100

No comments: